Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Of the Eid holidays and being sick...

The past two weeks had been a bad one; I called in sick from work for 5 days and the rest of the Eid holidays I spent in bed sick still.

The week before Ramadan ends, my ever-recurring urinary tract infection (UTI) attacked again (attacked ba yung gamitin na word?). So I was in bed the whole week, under medication, complaining about my back pain, and all the other UTI complications that I need not and will not elaborate on.

So when Eid finally arrives, I’m feeling much much better, the infection (I believe) is finally starting to clear, when I started having fever. I’ve so looked forward to the holidays, with plans of going places, out of town maybe, when there I was, in bed, wrapped up, having chills, nursing a 38-40 degrees fever… arghh..

Then when I started feeling a little better, it’s schmuck who got sick. Maybe he got it from me after taking care of me. So he was the one who then have to call in sick for 2 days. He was diagnosed with viral fever, which explained it as we only have this very high fever, yet we have neither colds nor cough..

So schmuck is okay now, we both go to work again. But I still have this “puta” fever, I call it that way as it only comes out at night haha. The whole day I’m fine yet late afternoon till early morning I experience the chills and high fever. That can be bad.. I should really ask the doctor’s opinion, I don’t know. I just have this phobia of consulting doctors. Basta..

Kainis, what an uneventful holidays that was, except for the one day when we both felt okay and we decided to get some sun by the beach. We both missed the beach hehe.

I’ll just look forward this weekend. I have my eyes on that grilling pan and wok at IKEA and planning on cooking something nice for schmuck. Damn, if only I can get some red wine. Kainis, getting alcohol here in Dubai is really hard. You can either buy outside Dubai where its legal to sell alcohol, which is like a 3hour drive naman or you can settle na lang on those liquor stores here where a bottle would be triple the normal price, plus you must have the license to buy one, which I don’t have. Fine, sparkling water it is then..

Yey, it’s Thursday na tomorrow, wahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home