Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dating an older guy...

I've dated older men before, like this British guy i used to go out with who's 4 years older than me, or that computer graphic artist who's like 3 years above my age. But my relationships with these guys never really worked out. The ones that last are those with guys younger or more or less my age. Like my 2 ex-boyfriends (both a year younger than me), the first one lasted for 9 months, the other for 2 1/2 years.

I used to think that my relationships with older guys don't work out bacause the age gap makes it hard for us to relate to each other, being from different generations. But then again, i was wrong, don't you just love it when your proven wrong? hehe..

Schmuck's older than me, as in way way older than me, he's 7 years older. We've been together for more than 4months (2months yung official hehe), and yet i don't see any problem. But who said anything about it being easy?

I now realized the difference between dating an older guy and a "mature" older guy. And me being a spoiled-rotten only child who's used to getting things my way, not to mention a used-to-be controlling bitch of a girlfriend (to my exes) and knows i can get away with anything just by using my charm or the teary-eyed paawa effect, damn it's really hard adjusting to this. (i can see schmuck now, laughing his guts out, he loves it when i make reklamo, that prick, hmmmp!)

Okay, what's the point of writing all this? I'm gloating.. hehe.. Teka, funny lang, i'm having a hard time, yet i'm not quitting. I'm not getting things my way, yet i'm staying. I'm not being spoiled, yet i'm still happy with schmuck's and i's relationship. HALA! Does that mean i'm starting to get a little more mature? Haha! (knowing schmuck, his reaction to this will be" "Yeah right, mature? You? Na-ah!)

Ano ba yan i lost track, back to my gloating.. it's really hard. We never fought that much, actually we more likely have what we both call civil disagreements. But if ever we have this shouting bouts, which is very rare talaga, there are only 2 topics we fought about. First is the "seeing each other a lot" issue. I'm used to being with my bfs most of the time, as in most of the time (well most girls are anyways), but he's not (with his preious gfs ha?). So we've agreed to just weekends together. I agreed half-heartedly hehe, i still try charming my way to see him during weekdays, but it doesn't work. He won't tolerate me hehe. I'm too spoiled already daw. This issue actually resulted to our first major away, which naulit pa ng pangalawa, but i'm not going for a strike 3 (if you know schmuck, you know what strike3 means). Ayaw na hehe. I'm starting to get used to it hehe..

Aside from this "seeing each other a lot" issue, the only other issue that starts our disagreements is when i crave for attention. I used to hate it when he's with me yet his mind's at work. But that i'm used to now, having a career-driven workaholic bf who's married to his work, i should better get used to being the mistress hehe.

But other than those 2 issues, we don't have any other problems. I am so thankful that he tries to understand me, kahit i'm being difficult most of the time. But i'm trying, and we both know this relationship will work out. It won't be easy, pero ganun e, we made this commitment to stay together, so no matter how difficult it could get, we must still try to put up with each other. Di pala dapat try, we should put up with each other pala. (yes you heard me right, put up is the right word)

Ayan, i remember some instances that somehow shows how schmuck is and why i still choose stay with him.

-When i ask him if he loves me, he'll said: Yes i love you and all your bad habits
-When he does something infuriating, and i say that i hate him, he thanks me, making it sound that hating him is a compliment. (i love and hate him at the same time)
-When he's so exhausted from work, he'll hug me tapos hingang malalim then say: Haaay inner peace!

But its not really what he says or what does that endears him to me. Those things are just bonuses. I just chose to stay coz i wanna stay I wanna stay coz i love him. And i love him coz i do, i don't know why, i just do.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hehehe...yey for older men :D

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate sobra!!! We are so KSP!!! Those are the causes of arguments between me and rock (He's 25 and damn, kinakaya nya ko!!!) Grace sobrang I can relate!!! Women like us need overly mature men who can ride with our kulit and idiosyncracies!!! I'm happy for you as I can feel that you are content w ur love life. That's what's giving me stability right now too:>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home