Monday, January 16, 2006

Japanese-Themed Birthday Party!

Last January 5, our friend Charles celebrated his birthday by having a Japanese-themed party. So everyone was asked to don any Japanese costume. I wanted to come as a geisha but I cannot find any kimono the last minute so I ended up coming as a Japanese school girl. Schmuck and I had a hard time looking for costume and as it turned out, our last resort which is the kid's section, is where I found my whole costume ensemble.

Schmuck, on the other hand decided to just go as a Japanese commoner, with his improvised kimono (it was a bathrobe hehe) and sock and slippers.

Here as the pics:


Schmuck "the Japanese commoner" (as if he really needs a costume, he looks japanese anyways) and his japanese school girl. I was going for a cross between fook mi/yu in austin power's goldmember and the school girl in kill bill, but everybody ended up calling me britney spears thoughout the evening.

My dearest buddy Simon drunk and rowdy as always!

Memoirs of a Geisha?! Charles (the birthday celebrant), Andy (who looks more like he's from the set of Mano Po) and Herbert (the japanese pokpok)


Question: Why the hell is everybody in the kitchen? Answer: Because that's where the booze is!


Everybody having a blast, Schmuck mixing drinks...

What a rowdy bunch...


The japayuki, Carl "the wagamama-japanese cardinal-queen amidala, and charles the geisha.

It was a fun evening. I don't actually know how they all end up in the morning as Schmuck and I sneaked out to go home when the party got too wild for us. Hmm, with my birthday coming up, what theme should my party be? Curious! Very curious!

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger RiaMH said...

wehe, ang saya!!!

once pa lang ako ng theme party, and it was typical hawaian... but almost everybody also went with the flow and came in sarongs and beach gears. we had kebabs and barbeque. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home