Sunday, April 02, 2006

In my delusional state...

I was just doing my normal lunch time routine: eating last night’s leftover that I have heated in our office’s microwave and reading the day’s tabloid or magazine. Then I came across an article in the career section that hit me like a drench of ice-cold water. It was these particular lines that hit me:

“I think I have missed my calling”
“What is your calling?”
“I have no idea; I just hate to think I was born to do what I am doing now…”

It made me contemplate on my current job. I had realized years ago that I am making a wrong career choice when I took that degree back in college and further made a wrong decision when I took this job. But sometimes, though you know exactly what you wanted to do in life, the type of job that will bring you fulfillment, you just don’t know how to go about having a career change or probably just scared to do it. And before you realize it, it was already too late to make that career shift.

Probably a transferring to a new company can temporarily relieve this itch, or probably a move to another country. As for now, I’ll just have to go about putting up with this until I have enough money (and guts) to leave my secure job and salary to pursue an uncertain dream.

Someday I’ll just be living in the Mediterranean, watching some small fishing boats pass by, as I write my perfect novel. Funny as it may sound to other people but I think I want to be a romance writer, yes, those Harlequin or Mills & Boon-type, hehe. I know they are cheesy but hell, that’s what I want to do, and will make me happy.

As for now, I’ll just go about this tiring routine, but I have my goals to look forward to. Cheers to Dreamland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home